the perfect bike?

liquidcooled
This post is 7333 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

out of all the great bikes there has been over the years which do you think the factory got perfect. the one that rolled off the production line and was spot on in every way

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yep all bikes mate. that's weird, for some reason i thought you'd say the z1/or z900 :shock: :) . i was lucky enough to have a seat on one not so long ago, fookin 'ell they're massive :shock: :D was the handling on them as scary as they say pete? i've always liked the kwak z's. the z1 and z650 are two of the prettiest bikes on this earth

i'm sorta the new generation i guess or at the very least a different one...

perfect bike for me...........the whole concept of the WR450 2 trac seems too good not to mention, i would kill to have a go on one...i havnt really ridden much apart from off raoders so dont know the comforts of a road bike :P

and mine is......you're gonna hate this pete but it's a big fast stroker, and thats what i love 8) suzuki rg500 :P :shock:

RG500.gif

TBH Alan...the Honda 750 K series would be my second choice....I've owned about 10 of the SOHC fours.

And no...the Z1/Z900 was not as bad at handling as people say, and neither were the triples. The worst of that generation was the Suzuki GT750 Kettle...very, very nasty machine.

You see, people from the current era ride one of these machines from the past and say...it's slow, bad handling etc, but they're comparing it to modern bikes which is a ridiculous comparison.

Your father will tell you, at the time we knew no different and they did what we wanted them to, and we're still here to tell the tale.

When I first rode a Z1 in 75, it was mindblowing! :shock:

i have rode quite a few old bikes, more than moderns actually, and they've all handled OK to me :D i've rode one kawa triple but it was just a kh250, i liked it alot. back in the day my dad had a standard h1 and then a race prepd one, he doesnt know why people always go on about the scary handling. btw he agrees with you about the kettle, he got a big scare on his mates at 100, apparently it was fine, then just went all over the place without warning :shock:

Tell him that my second Kettle threw me off at a ton ten! :shock:

Piece of Suzuki shit....the only bike that ever tried to kill me.

My H1 was great....and still on the road today, love to see it!

Note the long hair and flares.... :oops:

kaw2.jpg

cool pic 8) my dads was orange. the race one was bought by accident, he thought it was a standard one, he'd got it from a bike shop over the phone and they sent it by train, him and his mate got to the station and they wheeled out a race h1. after much stalling he took off up the road going like fook, got rid of it two weeks later to get a standard one

I was spoon-fed on those old CB's........my dad also had his share of 'em when I was growing up :wink:

Another one I liked was the infamous CBX inline-6 8) ........Now that was a massive Beast :shock:

go and put yer slippers on old man :lol: :wink: i bet they're pink bunny ones :P with suzuki written on the side!!! :lol: :wink: 8)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online