Rear wheel for xs 650

UFO
This post is 5642 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I would like know, if its possible or if anyone has done this, I am in the process of building a xs 650 chop / bobber which at the moment has got a 18" rear wheel, what I would like to know is ,......if a 16" x 3" rim can be laced to the original hub, and if so does anyone know where I could get a matching aluminium rim with 36 holes so as it matches the front one,

happy new year all,....ufo

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Can you not use a 16" wheel from another model of bike? Doesn't have to be Yamaha as long as the spindle is the same size.

Can you not use a 16" wheel from another model of bike? Doesn't have to be Yamaha as long as the spindle is the same size.

if possible I would like to keep the rear drum brake, the look go's with the chop I am building

• 4 weeks later...

I would like know, if its possible or if anyone has done this, I am in the process of building a xs 650 chop / bobber which at the moment has got a 18" rear wheel, what I would like to know is ,......if a 16" x 3" rim can be laced to the original hub, and if so does anyone know where I could get a matching aluminium rim with 36 holes so as it matches the front one,

happy new year all,....ufo

heres a place that does rims.. www.central-wheel.co.uk.. they do all sorts and the price list etc is there so you know what your spending.. hope this helps gabby

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online