calling XS360 owners

drewpy
This post is 5741 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a new xs case (NOS) which I am going to use instead of my currently (porous) one

The only concern I have is that there is a machined hole under the case in front right quadrant ( as you sit on the bike)

Mine has the casting, but is either had an alloy bung drifted in or it has not been machined out! there is no aparant use for this and is maybe for a future/past mod that didn't materalise

with me so far?

The reason I'm asking 360 owners is, what do you have there?, is it like my 400 or do you have someting else in its place.

Cheers

Drewps

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

On the bottom half of my 360 crankcase I have a 38mm round boss cast into the case with a flush fit aluminum plug evident. You might have your case turned around because mine is on the left rear quadrant. The oil drain plug should be on the right side.

On the bottom half of my 360 crankcase I have a 38mm round boss cast into the case with a flush fit aluminum plug evident. You might have your case turned around because mine is on the left rear quadrant. The oil drain plug should be on the right side.

oops your right, i was looking at the NOS case when it was upside down :lol:

thanks for checking!!

I now need to get a plug made and seal the case, strange it wasn't already done in the first place!!

well I have an old 250 case, so this morning I ground out the casting and split the lump around the plug and this came out;

lowercaseplug.jpg

so its only a push fit (as opposed to interference fit) and has an O ring to stop the oil leaking out. I wonder what the casting was for?