**Help** TZR50 Cuts Out When Started **Help**

Sam Swann
This post is 5744 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

My Yamaha TZR 50 cuts out when i put it into gear, it starts fine in neutral and when i put it into gear it cuts out, does anyone know what the problem is? and how it could be fixed?

thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello,

My Yamaha TZR 50 cuts out when i put it into gear, it starts fine in neutral and when i put it into gear it cuts out, does anyone know what the problem is? and how it could be fixed?

thanks in advance

might seem a silly question but is the stand down as some bikes have aside stand switch which if you put it in to gear and the stand is down it will cut out

might seem a silly question but is the stand down as some bikes have aside stand switch which if you put it in to gear and the stand is down it will cut out

no the stand is up, it just feels when you put it into gear that the wires are cut and it just loses power straight away

Sounds like the side stand switch, have a look at the connections, maybe one has come adrift

it can't be that because when i flick the stand up its fine, its only when i put it into gear, the second my foot presses down on the gears

it can't be that because when i flick the stand up its fine, its only when i put it into gear, the second my foot presses down on the gears

when you put your bike in to gear with the stand down it will cut out but it the switch thing on the stand is broke it obv wont work just get it in to a local garage if you dont no wot your doing lol

when you put your bike in to gear with the stand down it will cut out but it the switch thing on the stand is broke it obv wont work just get it in to a local garage if you dont no wot your doing lol

it's nothing to do with my stand, my stand doesn't have a switch sometimes ive rode my bike with my stand down and it flicks back up and runs fine

so what could it be?

the side stand switch isnt working, as i said look for a loose connection!! if there arent any loose connections try disconnecting it and short it out somehow

it's nothing to do with my stand, my stand doesn't have a switch sometimes ive rode my bike with my stand down and it flicks back up and runs fine

so what could it be?

ermm well only thing i can think is ya gear box isnt running right . also try checking your clutch !

ermm well only thing i can think is ya gear box isnt running right . also try checking your clutch !

if its none of them id try just puting the bike in 2nd gear hold the clutch in n push it n let the clutch out see it gos like that mate other than that i really dont no lol

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online