r6 front forks

desr6
This post is 4669 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi new member here i own 08 r6 is there any one else who has had problems with the compression damping force bolt. so far i have had 1 change on 1 side twice on the other due to the bolt cracking. dealer said it could be due to ajusting the bolt the wrong way or popping wheelys and i have not done either

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

this may be a warrantee issue, did the dealer inspect it? did he fit the parts for you, for free? might be worth emailing Yam UK and drawing their attention to it.

this may be a warrantee issue, did the dealer inspect it? did he fit the parts for you, for free? might be worth emailing Yam UK and drawing their attention to it.

yes it was all done under warrantee, parts fitted for free and informed yam uk they said that they have not had any reports of this before. thanks des

• 2 months later...

hi new member here i own 08 r6 is there any one else who has had problems with the compression damping force bolt. so far i have had 1 change on 1 side twice on the other due to the bolt cracking. dealer said it could be due to ajusting the bolt the wrong way or popping wheelys and i have not done either

I had this same problem on both front forks no wheelys or adjustments had been done its an 07 R6 was thinking of trading in for a ktm 690 smr but not sure

Or keep R6 an try fit some normal forks to remove the cracking nuts issue they was changed under warranty but 2years are over now an the new ones are not that cheap

It would be intresting to see how many others have had this problem if they notice the cracks they are that small.

Which bolts are you talking about? I'd better check mine!

Cheers for the heads-up.

Its the little gold adjuster nuts for the compression damping located at the bottom of both forks.

I ride my bike all year round its got 15500 miles on i can't wheely the bike and have never tried to adjust the nuts so was abit shocked to see tiny little cracks from top to bottom of both nuts.

Even if you liked to wheely the bike or you did adjust the nuts they still should not crack i think.

Yamaha replaced both fork inner tubes you can't just change the nuts i thought i could and it would be a cheap fix when i checked the parts list in the shop the guy said you have to change the whole fork legs think i had 2months warranty left lucky i checked i paid nothing but am worried it will happen again and my warranty was up in january.

The new set of forks cost about £250 not good.

I love the bike an hope it will be ok could maybe try put a set of R1 forks on it or £1750 for a set of ohlins.

I don't no what would happen if the nuts were to brake off compleatly say on a fast corner it may be ok but i would rather not be the one who finds out.

Good lock brother.

• 2 years later...