My new R6 fell over!! Will it cost me??

awh18awh
This post is 5664 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Got a spanking new R6 a few months back and i love it!! Had it up on its pit stand today making it look pretty for xmas, i turn my back for 2 seconds and BANG!!! Its on its side!!

The crash bungs saved most of the damage but the clutch leaver was bent. Being the bright spark that i am i thought 'should just bend back' - NOPE IT SNAPS OFF!!!!!

Maybe someone can cheer me up by saying it aint going to cost too much to fix??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, bad luck that but you may be able to get a pattern one to replace it, try wemoto, or m&p

Hi

Cheers for that. No luck tho. Ive tried flea-bay and there is a couple on there. Do you know if its a big job or not?

Hi

Cheers for that. No luck tho. Ive tried flea-bay and there is a couple on there. Do you know if its a big job or not?

No sorry i dont know anything about R6 clutch lever, but hey! its only a lever so it wont be hard to replace, you just need to source a new or better still a pattern one, hopefully other R6 owners will respond, but being Xmas it may be a bit quiet for a while

hey thats back luck, and on christmas too.

the lever is an easy swap. if your bike is veru new why dont you put genuine yamaha lever on, iirc they aint much dearer than pattern.

is that the only damage (and the bobins), if yes then you have got off lightly, tho im sure you are still pretty pissed.

this might make you feel a bit better, even if it is schadenfreude:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-UEg1-6iEeo

hey thats back luck, and on christmas too.

the lever is an easy swap. if your bike is veru new why dont you put genuine yamaha lever on, iirc they aint much dearer than pattern.

is that the only damage (and the bobins), if yes then you have got off lightly, tho im sure you are still pretty pissed.

this might make you feel a bit better, even if it is schadenfreude:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-UEg1-6iEeo

Brilliant!! Thanks. Yeah thats all the damage so i have got off lightly, just a shock to hear it fall!! Probably will put a new one on. Pattern?? not yamaha made but the same, is that what it means??

Brilliant!! Thanks. Yeah thats all the damage so i have got off lightly, just a shock to hear it fall!! Probably will put a new one on. Pattern?? not yamaha made but the same, is that what it means??

yeah pattern is the same nomenclature and material but not made by yamaha. some pattern parts are better than OEM some are worse.

Got a spanking new R6 a few months back and i love it!! Had it up on its pit stand today making it look pretty for xmas, i turn my back for 2 seconds and BANG!!! Its on its side!!

The crash bungs saved most of the damage but the clutch leaver was bent. Being the bright spark that i am i thought 'should just bend back' - NOPE IT SNAPS OFF!!!!!

Maybe someone can cheer me up by saying it aint going to cost too much to fix??

try ebay under r6 parts

its a lever 10 minutes tops

Do you know where i can find out how to do this? Looked all over the internet but cant find anything. New to bikes and want to try and find out as much as i can so i dont have to take it dealers all the time!!!

Thanks

Do you know where i can find out how to do this? Looked all over the internet but cant find anything. New to bikes and want to try and find out as much as i can so i dont have to take it dealers all the time!!!

Thanks

maybe you can get haynes manual or an electronic workshop manual off of ebay.

if not:

clutch lever

it wont let me paste the image in!

(1) First pull the lever a few times if you can and try to ascertain the point where it bites (unless you can remember)

(2)what you need to is remove no.3 (decent allen key or better a hex socket), dont loose no.9.,

(3) wiggle the lever out (whats left of it) of the bar-mount.

(4)next you need to find the clutch cable and the adjuster (it is not numbered on the diagram) - make a mental note of how much thread is showing, measure with a ruler is necessary - and there is a large locknut on it, slacken this off (fingers or carefully with pliers).

(5) now turn the actual adjucter clockwise this will let the inner cable come out so that you can take the old lever off.

(6) put the new lever on the cable 'bobble'.

(7) put 9 in.

(8) refit 3, check tight ness

(9) reset the adjuster by winding it back out, use the measure ment you took with the ruler or do it by 'eye'

(10) check the feel at the lever, if it is right retighten the locknut.

sorry if this sounds complex it isnt, its very similar to doing the back brake on a bicycle.

give it ago! btw where are you? im in bristol, if you are close by, i may be able to show you!

maybe you can get haynes manual or an electronic workshop manual off of ebay.

if not:

clutch lever

it wont let me paste the image in!

(1) First pull the lever a few times if you can and try to ascertain the point where it bites (unless you can remember)

(2)what you need to is remove no.3 (decent allen key or better a hex socket), dont loose no.9.,

(3) wiggle the lever out (whats left of it) of the bar-mount.

(4)next you need to find the clutch cable and the adjuster (it is not numbered on the diagram) - make a mental note of how much thread is showing, measure with a ruler is necessary - and there is a large locknut on it, slacken this off (fingers or carefully with pliers).

(5) now turn the actual adjucter clockwise this will let the inner cable come out so that you can take the old lever off.

(6) put the new lever on the cable 'bobble'.

(7) put 9 in.

(8) refit 3, check tight ness

(9) reset the adjuster by winding it back out, use the measure ment you took with the ruler or do it by 'eye'

(10) check the feel at the lever, if it is right retighten the locknut.

sorry if this sounds complex it isnt, its very similar to doing the back brake on a bicycle.

give it ago! btw where are you? im in bristol, if you are close by, i may be able to show you!

That sounds great i'll give it a go. Im in shropshire so a bit far for you but thank you anyway.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online