help wanted with 2008 r6

dinky32
This post is 5642 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello to you all i am after some information about the new exhaust i have bought for my 2008 r6 i bought a aprovic end can for it and i was told it justed slipped on but when i have looked into it i see that the exup valve is part of the origanal one so what do please help me [email protected] thanks look forward to any responce

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello to you all i am after some information about the new exhaust i have bought for my 2008 r6 i bought a aprovic end can for it and i was told it justed slipped on but when i have looked into it i see that the exup valve is part of the origanal one so what do please help me [email protected] thanks look forward to any responce

hi mate, just fit the akrapovic can and cable tie the servo cables out the way, i did the same with my 2006 r6 and the same with my fz1 n as i got a full akrapovic fitted, the cables are not needed on a after market races cans mate.

thanks daz

• 2 weeks later...

hi mate, just fit the akrapovic can and cable tie the servo cables out the way, i did the same with my 2006 r6 and the same with my fz1 n as i got a full akrapovic fitted, the cables are not needed on a after market races cans mate.

thanks daz

i've got 08 r6 and im sticking with the standard can because i don't want to loose ex-up valve!

if you disconnect the ex-up valve you will loose low end torque/bhp because you can't create any back pressure at low rpm

hope this helps.

john

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online