DT50 Rev counter?

wild foamy
This post is 5749 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone.

Would like to add a rev counter to my DT50MX like they do on some of the RD50s' and was told the DTs' block was machined to take the rev counter drive but just didnt have the attachment nescessary to do so.

so, where abouts can i find the rev counter drive on the engine block? (pics would be helpful)

regards

Steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi everyone.

Would like to add a rev counter to my DT50MX like they do on some of the RD50s' and was told the DTs' block was machined to take the rev counter drive but just didnt have the attachment nescessary to do so.

so, where abouts can i find the rev counter drive on the engine block? (pics would be helpful)

regards

Steve

Hi Steve

there should be a rubber bung on the top of the crankcase, this is were the drive fitted on the RD motors but fitting the clock my look a bit unsightly (unless you can obtain a complete set of clocks from the RD50mx, which may just fit in your headlamp cowl)

Regards Jim

if i can find a small rev counter, even just an aftermarket one that clamps onto the handlebars i wouldn't mind.

is that the rubber bung towards the back on the right hand side of the engine?

oh, and what/where is the red line on the RD/DT50MX engines?, says in my Haynes manual that the RPM Peak is at 4,000 RPM, but that probably isnt at the red line.

oh, and what/where is the red line on the RD/DT50MX engines?, says in my Haynes manual that the RPM Peak is at 4,000 RPM, but that probably isnt at the red line.

The bung at the rear right is correct, the RD50M & MX red lined at 10k but in stock UK trim the bike would not rev over 6k but I did get a couple to rev to 8k with some mods

Regards Jim

this has had a bigone exhaust and expansion chamber and also a performance air filter so i would probably have thought it will rev a bit higher now that i have opened up its airways a little.

many thanks for your help, will look into finding myself an RD50 speedo cable and rig one up in the new year

this has had a bigone exhaust and expansion chamber and also a performance air filter so i would probably have thought it will rev a bit higher now that i have opened up its airways a little.

many thanks for your help, will look into finding myself an RD50 speedo cable and rig one up in the new year

big bore doesn't always mean higher rpm as there is more reciprical weight to throw up and down in the bore. if anything it would be safer to keep the revs down rather than risk blowing up the engine!!

I know 50cc racers get to 18,000- 20,000 rpm but that is for 1 race

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online