YBR front wheel bearings

YBR Nath
This post is 5751 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yea, brand new...no bearings, disc, anything.

Well i was gonna say if you were just replacing bearings you will find the bearing numbers on the old ones, maybe if you have the old wheel you can remove the bearings from that and either use them if they are smooth, or get the numbers off them and get yourself some new ones from a bearings supplier, this would be cheaper than buying them from a dealer i expect. I must add that there is usually a spacer piece between the bearings and you will need to fit that also, if you dont you will damage the hub or bearings and compromise the handling of your bike!

so your new wheel, is a brand spanking new wheel with no bearings in?
If you have the old bearings you can usually read the number on the bearing seal that is pressed into bearing.

For example NSK 6004. IF not, take the wheel and axle to your local bearing centre or Yamaha dealer and they will measure the axle and bore size in the hub. Very important that the bearings are also the correct width. ALL THE BEST!

Sorry oldgitonabike, I did not see your 2nd reply!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online