i done it! :D

wild foamy
This post is 5751 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone.

im happy tonight, 'cus i just got 50mph out of my wickle yammy DT50MX!, and all it cost me was £7 for a 14t front sprocket to replace the 12t one i was running.

feels much quicker but it really does need the big bore now because when i change up a gear it will drop off the powerband and take a while to pick up again.

should be nice for those back roads and cruising around ireland :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

take it easy there, make sure your tyres are in good nick and at the correct pressure.

fitting a big bore will invalidate your insurance (as may a taller gear) and make sure your license is valid for a motorbike.

(I sound like a boring boring old fart (ergo OG)) :lol:

Be careful out there foamy, Tarmac is awfully hard,

But most of all keep being enthusiastic.

MERRY CHRISTMAS. Mark.

hi everyone.

im happy tonight, 'cus i just got 50mph out of my wickle yammy DT50MX!, and all it cost me was £7 for a 14t front sprocket to replace the 12t one i was running.

feels much quicker but it really does need the big bore now because when i change up a gear it will drop off the powerband and take a while to pick up again.

And pray tell where are you going in such a hurry?! Life is meant to be enjoyed at a nice slow pace..........

ok I'm just old. (Altho not as old as OG! :) )

hi everyone.

Geday mate, Trust me i am the last person that should suggest that you take care on a bike, so i wont. Just a liitle tip,if you insist on riding this little jigger like you stole it, keep one finger very close to the clutch lever so when the piston grabs, you may have a chance of saving yourself! In my experience, increasing bore size by anymore than the normal factoy oversizes is not very succesful simply because it is too difficult, so nobody bothers, to dismantle the entire engine and rebalance it! But it is refreshing to see some young bloke so keen about his hobby.Try never let anyone dampen your enthusiasm. SOUNDS LIKE ANOTHER BERT MUNROE IN THE MAKING.

i could really get into classic motorbikes, nothing like coming out of the garage smelling of two stroke oil and covered in grease :)

will hopefully drop the block out today after work and if i get time may start fitting the new one,

out of interest, anyone know if i should open the reed stops?, if so how far?

ERGO is the Euthanasia Research and Guidance Association, so just WHAT are you suggesting there? :o

its not an accronym its latin :P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online