Lights

Guest camb97
This post is 5752 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Can anyone tell how to wire up the lights so when you flick on the main beam the head light stays on? My dealer told me it was possible however i've not got a clue on how to do this. :unsure: Would be a great feature as I ride a lot at night.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

not quite sure, but im sure that its a single bulb, with two filaments, one for dipped beam, and one for full beam..

my ybr is with mechanic, so really cant say, but id assume you connect both connectors (the dipped and full beam) together;

i.e. bulb should have 3 connections:

ground -ve,

full beam +ve,

and dipped beam +ve.

connecting both +ve's together, would have them both on ALL the time, but not switchable between full and dipped.

however, if youre feeling a bit more braver, rewire the switch, cant really say off top of my head, but let me know it you still want this, ill jot up a wiring diagram, which you could attemp, or show to an electritian.

hope this helps

**EDIT - just noticed, you have a YZF - sorry, but might have been a bit more obvious if you had said what bike it is in message.. still should be the same tho, SO LONG AS its one bulb, with two filaments.

p.s. i take no responsibily whatsoever for damages, but what i said is right theoretically.. :)

not quite sure, but im sure that its a single bulb, with two filaments, one for dipped beam, and one for full beam..

my ybr is with mechanic, so really cant say, but id assume you connect both connectors (the dipped and full beam) together;

i.e. bulb should have 3 connections:

ground -ve,

full beam +ve,

and dipped beam +ve.

connecting both +ve's together, would have them both on ALL the time, but not switchable between full and dipped.

however, if youre feeling a bit more braver, rewire the switch, cant really say off top of my head, but let me know it you still want this, ill jot up a wiring diagram, which you could attemp, or show to an electritian.

hope this helps

**EDIT - just noticed, you have a YZF - sorry, but might have been a bit more obvious if you had said what bike it is in message.. still should be the same tho, SO LONG AS its one bulb, with two filaments.

p.s. i take no responsibily whatsoever for damages, but what i said is right theoretically.. :)

Thanks for the advice, not feeling that brave! Its seperate bulbs for the full and dipped beam. :huh:

Was thinking about taking it back to the dealer just incase, since its still under warranty. Although not sure on hourly rate but heard they are expensive.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online