Hi All - I'm New Here

Madison Motorsport
This post is 5769 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hiya peeps :D

Just thought I would say hello as it seemed rude not to :P

Anyway, I have filled in my 'about me' page so I am not going to bother writing it all out again.

I have been a Yamaha nut ever since I was old enough to reach the bike mags on the shelf.

The first bike I saw in a magazine was the newly released Yamaha FZ750 and I have been hooked ever since :D

My first ever bike was a Yamaha FZR400RR at 14. Purely car park and industrial estate riding, I never managed to fully appreciate the bike :(

I bought a brand new R1 in 1998 (certified as number 137 off the production line), but I was only ever a passenger :(

I've had about 30 different bikes in the last ten years including a 1999 Thundercat from brand new until it's theft last Christmas, a 2005 R6, an FZR600, and several Kawasakis plus my only Honda - a 2003 CBR600RR, the worst bike I have ever ridden.

After my insurance payout on the Thundercat, I ended up seeing a 1996 Thunderace, completely mint, that I paid £800 for (the guy in the garage owed me a huge favour).

It is by far the best all round road bike I have come across and I can see me replacing it with another one if I can't afford an FJR for mile munching in comfort.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

- a 2003 CBR600RR, the worst bike I have ever ridden.

Welcome along.

I had a go on the 1k version, I'd agree - bloody awful, only comfortable at 120mph, crap in traffic and a the size of a mini moto too.

HULLO!!!! Welcome!!

I was thinking about a CBR600RR for my first big bike.... i guess i'll have to revise that then!!

It's all about personal preference matey. Just because it didn't agree with me, there's no reason for you to dismiss it completely.

HULLO!!!! Welcome!!

I was thinking about a CBR600RR for my first big bike.... i guess i'll have to revise that then!!

Try an XT660 X, R or Z depending on your prefference (Supermoto, Enduro, Adventure) fantastic bikes and very well suited to the roads around you. I love the coast road up past Mabie and on to Dalbetie, Castle Douglas and Dalry - then pick a way home... much better on a bike with some suspension than a sportsbike (done it on the Fizer too, no contest)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online