ducati 848 meltdown . shocking

0nthecase
This post is 5753 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

these are pictures of my mates friends ducati 848 which broke down then melted before his eyes, the poor lad went out for a ride when the thing just cut out, he got off it then noticed some smouldering around the front fairing, then the flames appeared . 9 grands worth FUCKIN FRIED in front of his eyes. any one out there with a duke had the same thing happen to them or know of any one who has had this happen. stratstone power sports say they sending a engineer from ducati italy to check it out. could take ages...

ducati2.jpg

ducati4.jpg

ducati3.jpg

ducati1.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Holy shit :o

was it full of fuel at the time?, would have made a big bang surely...

any idea what caused it? shame to see such a sweet bike go up without any real reason :(. is it an insurance pay out? as i think that is probably covered by "Fire and theft" policies

Holy shit :o

was it full of fuel at the time?, would have made a big bang surely...

any idea what caused it? shame to see such a sweet bike go up without any real reason :(. is it an insurance pay out? as i think that is probably covered by "Fire and theft" policies

not sure how much fuel he had in the tank mate, stratstone power sports say they may have to replace the bike if they find a electrical fault so he dont have to claim on his insurance, the bike was 2007 (07) plate. still no idea yet as far as i know what caused it

some mess mate. the only thing is if there is anything aftermarket on her the fuckers might not pay up!!!

to be honest i think it was standard , stratstone power sports did say the optimiser leads from the battery may have been at fault but cant see it myself.

to be honest i think it was standard , stratstone power sports did say the optimiser leads from the battery may have been at fault but cant see it myself.

if it was standard then they may deal with it right away. not good advertising is it.

if it was standard then they may deal with it right away. not good advertising is it.

well i think they should look into it straight away for the poor lad, thing is my other mate chris has the same bike bought from the same dealers and he shits himself every time he slings his leg over it now.

i would be crying if thta happend to me

especially on a ducati...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online