sr125

robbieglasgow
This post is 5756 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi i am supposed to be buyin a yamaham sr 125 the guy am getting it from said that he had it running with the old petrol in it (been there for abt 5 years) said he was doin me a turn and he put new fuel in it and guess what doesnt start tryed bump starting it makin a noise but still not firing took the plug out and gettin a spark any body got any ideas? been told the carb defo need cleaned but a bit hesitant anbout buying it if its gonnae cost me a arm and a leg thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi i am supposed to be buyin a yamaham sr 125 the guy am getting it from said that he had it running with the old petrol in it (been there for abt 5 years) said he was doin me a turn and he put new fuel in it and guess what doesnt start tryed bump starting it makin a noise but still not firing took the plug out and gettin a spark any body got any ideas? been told the carb defo need cleaned but a bit hesitant anbout buying it if its gonnae cost me a arm and a leg thanks

is there a fuel smell on the spark plug?

you could always throw a bit of fuel in there to see if it sarts up and if it does the carb is blocked (or the petrol tap is switched off)

if you can get a run with a bit of fuel in, knock off £50 at least as its a pain getting the carb cleaned if you don't know what you are doing!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online