Xj600N battery drain problem!

Mylo Biker
This post is 5687 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Hope someone can help. The battery on my 2002 XJ600N drains very quickly, and is dead after a weeks commuting (short trips of around 3-4 miles each way). I'm easy on the electrics i.e. Not using the heated grips. There's a new battery on it but that didn't help. Can it be the regulator/rectifier? Not great at bike mechanics so any help is appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all,

Hope someone can help. The battery on my 2002 XJ600N drains very quickly, and is dead after a weeks commuting (short trips of around 3-4 miles each way). I'm easy on the electrics i.e. Not using the heated grips. There's a new battery on it but that didn't help. Can it be the regulator/rectifier? Not great at bike mechanics so any help is appreciated.

Hi yes it could easily be that, have a read of this Here it explains all manner of fault finding, including reg/rectifier testing

if you run the bike and out a mutlimeter across the battery set on 20v pick up the revs and you need about 14 if it is less it is not charging and you need a new regulator/rectifier. i think that if it is 16 or more it is over charging and will also need replacing. hope this helps.

if you run the bike and out a mutlimeter across the battery set on 20v pick up the revs and you need about 14 if it is less it is not charging and you need a new regulator/rectifier. i think that if it is 16 or more it is over charging and will also need replacing. hope this helps.

Sounds just like the way I understood it. ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online