DT 50 MX wont run right

badassbikerbastard
This post is 5757 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all

My son has put a Big One exhaust and a performance air filter on his DT 50 MX but when it gets past half throttle the engine bogs down.

I think it might be the main jet that needs increasing in size, if I'm right any ideas where I can get one?

Any help appreciated

Cheers

BABB

Yes you will need a bigger main jet, find out what size it is now,... and then try you local yamaha dealer, or Fowlers in bristol, or have a word with Steve Here

the stock DT50MX jet is 82, most likely fitted with the Mikuni carb.

jets are available from www.bitzforbikes.co.uk, www.motorcarb.co.uk, have a quick search on the internet and you should find plenty of suppliers :).

mine is running a Bigone exhaust, expansion chamber and a K&N style filter, at the moment i think it is running a 90 or 95 size jet... will be putting a big bore kit on it soon so will probably go up to 110 or around that area

if your not planning to big bore it or play with the carb/reeds/induction then i would think a 95 is the way to go :)

- Steve

P.S. what year is your DT?, mine is a 1990 so aslong as yours is 87-93 it should be the same spec

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online