1973 RT1 360 engine rebuild.

enduro360rt1
This post is 5609 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello Yamaha fans, I'm new here so be kind. Currently I have a RT1 360 engine in pieces, ready to put back together. Does the shifter cam need to be in a certain position before the engine halves are sealed together? Also what is the shift pattern for this transmisson? If anyone has lots of knowledge about this particular Yamaha, please give me as much info as possible.

Thanks

mudjammedfender

1973 YAMAHA 360 RT1 ENDURO

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello Yamaha fans, I'm new here so be kind. Currently I have a RT1 360 engine in pieces, ready to put back together. Does the shifter cam need to be in a certain position before the engine halves are sealed together? Also what is the shift pattern for this transmisson? If anyone has lots of knowledge about this particular Yamaha, please give me as much info as possible.

Thanks

mudjammedfender

1973 YAMAHA 360 RT1 ENDURO

I suggest you get a good manual "from Yamaha" if possible before you attempt to assemble that engine or you will probably be wasting your money.

I currently have the Clymer Yamaha 250-400cc Piston Port 1968-1976 service- repair- maintenance manual and the Yamaha Enduros CD Manual. These are both great for info but not clear on shifter cam position upon rebuild. My quest for more information continues. Thank you both oldgitonabike and Twin shock for replying.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online