help needed non starter

baitman
This post is 5687 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi have bought this 6 weeks ago was fine then started to be funny as if it was running on one pot would run a bit backfire /splutter and be ok now will not start at all HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Have you run out of fuel, have you tried switching to reserve? shows all the right symptoms!

What he said.

might be thick but not that thick lads but saying that turned the tap to pir and it spluttered turned back to normal and started all be it a bit rough couple mins and was ok think its dampness done all electrics with sealer today see what happens in morning

might be thick but not that thick lads but saying that turned the tap to pir and it spluttered turned back to normal and started all be it a bit rough couple mins and was ok think its dampness done all electrics with sealer today see what happens in morning

Ok then, but even though its got nothing to do with your particular problemo

If you run out of main tank fuel and dont switch to reserve the carbs will be emptied of fuel, followed shortly by the engine spluttering and dying. The engine will then not start again even if you switch to reserve because the fuel tap needs a running engine to develop enough vacuum to open it. The way out of this dilemma is to switch to prime position as this doesnt need vacuum to open the fuel flow, you can now re start your engine and switch to reserve until you fill your tank. ;)

As Old Git says.

'PIR'? I think that is indeed Prime, as also explained by OG.

Models vary - Mine actually said Prime. My 650 doesn't even have one, though.

Big Up ta OG, there!!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online