1976 YZ 125c CDI unit.

Dodgehemi7
This post is 5628 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have a 76 yz 125c. I am trying to restore the bike and need help on how to remove the cdi unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Pull the engine case off and use a wheel puller to remove the flywheel. This will give you access to the CDI Unit

Pull the engine case off and use a wheel puller to remove the flywheel. This will give you access to the CDI Unit

There is no flywheel on the YZ 125C. Are you wanting to remove the CDI unit or the Stator assembly.

To be honest, I am not sure which one it is. I want to remove the one that is on the left side of the engine, opposite of the clutch. It has 2 allen bolts, once those are removed it seems to be caught behind the magnetic cylnder. I am new to rebuilding dirt bikes so I appologize about the lack of knowledge. Thank you.

To be honest, I am not sure which one it is. I want to remove the one that is on the left side of the engine, opposite of the clutch. It has 2 allen bolts, once those are removed it seems to be caught behind the magnetic cylnder. I am new to rebuilding dirt bikes so I appologize about the lack of knowledge. Thank you.

That would be the rotor, remove the nut on the crankshaft to remove it. You may want to try and find you a manual for your bike.

if im understanding you right, is the magent holding it in place, they do tend to grab things, I cleaned points on an mr 175 honda, I removed the bolt and pulled flywheel, after it popped it still was a two handed job sliding it out. JMO.

77yz125km5.jpg

By jeepurz