hi peeps

gouda
This post is 5764 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello folks just joined the forum and no now nothing about anything and its nice to know if ive got a question about me bike it may well be sorted ive just got me a fzr 1000 exup but not sure if its what it says it is what am i looking for to say its an exup... cheers chaps

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello folks just joined the forum and no now nothing about anything and its nice to know if ive got a question about me bike it may well be sorted ive just got me a fzr 1000 exup but not sure if its what it says it is what am i looking for to say its an exup... cheers chaps

Hi mate

The exup is just the name given to the exhaust power valve on the bike.Sometimes it is removed if a race can is fitted.It is a valve that opens and closes to give more torque at low revs.On my yzf750 exup is printed on the fairing,if you check somewhere near the stand of the bike the exup should be located there.A quick way to check whether its still there is to turn on your ignition and you will hear a whine from the servo motor that powers the valve.most of the time they woud take out the servo if the valve is removed.

hope this has helped.

Hi mate

The exup is just the name given to the exhaust power valve on the bike.Sometimes it is removed if a race can is fitted.It is a valve that opens and closes to give more torque at low revs.On my yzf750 exup is printed on the fairing,if you check somewhere near the stand of the bike the exup should be located there.A quick way to check whether its still there is to turn on your ignition and you will hear a whine from the servo motor that powers the valve.most of the time they woud take out the servo if the valve is removed.

hope this has helped.

hi and thanks for that yes it has the servo and the valve.. now if i was to put a aftermarket pipe on would you recamend i remove the valve and servo many thanks

Keep the Exup valve whatever pipe you use, if you remove it, you will get low down flat spots, and they are very difficult to rejet to get it running right.

thanks for that i have a scorpion to fo fit on and at the min it doest skip a beat ive had her at full chat and its a great ride just didnt want to disrupt that so thanks chap :)