Broken DT50 stand

robo50dt
This post is 5559 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I recently bought a 2005 DT50 with a bent and split side stand mount.

Im thinking bending it back and then welding up the split in the plate. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Does anyone know if there is a centre stand available for this bike or for another that may fit? I see it has mountings on the frame.

I cant think of any other options so would like to hear if you have any other ideas.

Thanks

Rob

• 4 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I recently bought a 2005 DT50 with a bent and split side stand mount.

Im thinking bending it back and then welding up the split in the plate. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Does anyone know if there is a centre stand available for this bike or for another that may fit? I see it has mountings on the frame.

I cant think of any other options so would like to hear if you have any other ideas.

Thanks

Rob

hey , i recently had to replace the stand on my DT50

its alot easier and better to get a new one . they're cheap to buy and you havent got the fear of the metal being weak and finding your bike on the floot and the engine knackered . this happened to my old one . it also gie you a chance to look for a center stand , though i dont think they have them =/ .

hope it helps

Sami x

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online