Virago 535 1992

Captainvanian
This post is 5768 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there, the problem with my 1992 535 is that when you decelerrate then rev back up it seems as if I have fuel starvation.Say I'm cruising along at about 50mph then slow down and gear down for a junction, when I accelerate away from slowing down it takes a few seconds to catch up. When it started it wasn't too bad but it seems to have got progressively worse.Yet there are no problems when riding at up to 80/90 mph so fuel is getting through it only happens when I throttle off and then throttle up again.Any ideas

:mellow::huh:

Ok been having a thought and a scout round the net and have come up with the idea that perhaps it may be due to worn diagphrams

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there, the problem with my 1992 535 is that when you decelerrate then rev back up it seems as if I have fuel starvation.Say I'm cruising along at about 50mph then slow down and gear down for a junction, when I accelerate away from slowing down it takes a few seconds to catch up. When it started it wasn't too bad but it seems to have got progressively worse.Yet there are no problems when riding at up to 80/90 mph so fuel is getting through it only happens when I throttle off and then throttle up again.Any ideas

:mellow::huh:

Ok been having a thought and a scout round the net and have come up with the idea that perhaps it may be due to worn diagphrams

Well Ihavent had a chance too try and sort out this problem as yet, but after talkin to a chap at work and explaining the problem, he reckons it may be a vacumning problem

sounds to me like it is bogging down with fuel when going from throttle open to closed, your theory may well be correct.

strip the carbs down and have a look-see, deffo sounds like overfueling to me though

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online