YZF 750

axl
This post is 7426 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I new to this site, so go easy on me.....Anyway I went to see a 94' YZF 750 the other night, now it's seems not to bad but it's been advertised as a "streetfighter", mmmm!!. Been "down the road" probably, anyway I'm supposed to go out tonight to see how good/bad it drives. Apart from no fairing/not the proper clocks/h/light everything seems pretty much ok!. But the seat hight looks (to me) a bit on the high side, as if it's either had the reat rails/shock raised a bit. It's an M reg 94', I dont know the miles because it's not the right clocks, and the seller doesn't know, or not saying. Should I just keep well away from it, or is worth taking the risk, thanks for any help on this.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks for the welcome Yamhead!

Yea I ckecked as best I could, everything seems pretty much ok, but ohow is it (nothing to with the bike) I edited my this post and made a "fresh" one above :? , what happened there!!

• Admin

I would be very weary, as it could have been in an accident hence why they decided to use it as a project bike, as Yamahead says scrutinise the hell out of it. If not 100% happy by the answers you get leave it

yea hell, how many posts do u want?

As many as I get get :mrgreen:

Iv'e allready riden it and all I could see was the steering head bearings either need replaced/loosened. Cause it was kinda "wandering" when riding, but apart from that everything seemed pretty much ok.

I thought was kinda high, but some of the site Iv'e been on they were much the same

• Admin

Check out the pics of the YZFs in the gallery and you should be able to get a comparison for the seat height

Just a thought, dont buy it buy mine! :lol:

Yea I was looking at them, but could h/bearing's diffinately cause wandering? loose/tight!, maybe they do/can but Iv'e never had this before.

I only got (well getting) this YZF cos it's cheap, well kind of cause it "needs a tidy".

Whats your's under, eg what name/title ect?

It's ok, I found it, very nice, all blue n shiny!

• Admin

If the headstock is loose you will find it vibrates under front breaking, not too sure what happens if its too tight though :roll:

If the headstock is loose you will find it vibrates under front breaking, not too sure what happens if its too tight though  :roll:

For starters.......the steering inputs would require just a bit more effort :wink: :D

For starters.......the steering inputs would require just a bit more

Yea I can understand that being a racy design, but would the steering in general be like that, it really did feel like tight/worn ect bearing's, might not mind you I'm just guessing, aint never had one of these bike before, a YZF I mean, had plenty others.

• Admin

Just a thought, it could be a serious fault! If its been in an accident the actual headstock may have become ovaled :shock:

Fek, dont say that :shock:, there isn't any play in the h/stock none I can feel anyway, but I think I'll get it checked anyway.

And if the frame is bent ect can it be staightened or is it new frame time :cry:.

Well what I can say, that I noticed if you sitting on it at the left side about half way up the frame just at the bend below the tank , there's small ding about the size of a 5p.

I just hope that's not causing any serious probs,mmmm.

• Admin

Most frames can all be straightened, unless the headstock has become ovaled ie squashed. A reasonablely acurate method would be to measure the wheelbase and check that the wheels are inline with a long straight edge.

Costs about £150 to straighten a frame, nothing major, and they come out more straight than they are new :shock:

You need to strip the bike down to just a rolling chasis so is a pain in the arse

• Admin

Well the tolerance on the frames from manufacturers is about 8-9mm, as they are made in jigs and distort slightly from heat buildup when being tig welded.

When they are straightening frames, there is no heat which expands the frame, therefore they can accuratly set the frame in position within a 2-3mm, without the frame moving slightly when cooling.

Brand New bikes which are raced are stripped down and have there frames straightened, due to poor manufacture tolerances. :shock:

I see, so basically what your saying is that really a bike that's had it's frame straightened it actually "straighter" than one from the factory, my god I'd never have believed that.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online