XT125X Top End?

SnakeRider
This post is 5529 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

XT125X Top End?

Hey guys, i bought yammy XT125X about 1 month ago. The problem I am having with the bike is that it flys to 40mph. Then as soon as I am in 4th gear looking to get from 40-55mph it just wont go. It appears to be a total lack of power. The max i have had out of it is 52mph and it struggled alot getting there. I have read posts saying people have got there's to 70mph... why can mine only barely reach 50mph??. Its done 500miles... also i read somwhere it could be a speedo fault is that a possibilty?.

Any help would be much appreciated cheerse.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

welcome.gif to the forum SnakeRider

Sounds like your XT could use a bit of Di-Restricting? :unsure:

(Basically, it's a platewasher-looking bit thats mounted between the carb & the cylinder head usually inside the intake boot).....once you've found it.....remove it.

Might also be 1 in the exhaust side as well. :unsure:

Not too difficult of a task........& WELL worth the effort when you're done. ;)

I would de-restrict it if i felt the need to go more then 60MPH. But for what I am using it for 60mph is fine. I know that other XT's can reach 70mph not de-restricted so why can't mine! it's so frustrating as its a brand new 08 bike and its slower then 5 year old 125 mo-peds. There is defo somthing not right with it.

I would de-restrict it if i felt the need to go more then 60MPH. But for what I am using it for 60mph is fine. I know that other XT's can reach 70mph not de-restricted so why can't mine! it's so frustrating as its a brand new 08 bike and its slower then 5 year old 125 mo-peds. There is defo somthing not right with it.

mo peds dont exist anymore, when they did they were 50cc and equipped with pedals thats why they were callled mo-peds, if you want better performance , either

A: Check out what "YamaHead" said.or

B: Trade it in for a DT125

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

welcome.gif to the forum SnakeRider

Sounds like your XT could use a bit of Di-Restricting? :unsure:

(Basically, it's a platewasher-looking bit thats mounted between the carb & the cylinder head usually inside the intake boot).....once you've found it.....remove it.

Might also be 1 in the exhaust side as well. :unsure:

Not too difficult of a task........& WELL worth the effort when you're done. ;)

[/quoth

Hi there, sounds like you have a great idea....would love to de restrict my 07 xt125x but no mechanic can you give me a bit more help to do what you said please. Max

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online