R6 tickover

alan q
This post is 5751 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Is anyone experiencing tickover problems with their R6. My bike will idle okay but after a run of 10-15 miles it will try to stall. I have cleaned the fuel filters, replaced plugs-oil-air/oil filters, cleaned the fast idle mechanism which appears to be operating correctly.

Has anyone got any more ideas for me to try?

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Is anyone experiencing tickover problems with their R6. My bike will idle okay but after a run of 10-15 miles it will try to stall. I have cleaned the fuel filters, replaced plugs-oil-air/oil filters, cleaned the fast idle mechanism which appears to be operating correctly.

Has anyone got any more ideas for me to try?

sounds like your not turning the choke off once warmed up!

sounds like your not turning the choke off once warmed up!

If it's a 2003 bike it'll be fuel injection.

However .... if it's a late carb model with an 03 plate you could be getting some carb icing, try some redex or dry fuel additive.

Are they the original plugs?

You may have warm weather plugs in which won't work so well in recent freezing conditions, but this is a longer shot, I'd try the fuel add route first though.

Mines an injection model and can be a bugger to start if it's been sitting outside in very cold conditions for a couple of days, but once it's going it's fine, I do let it warm up (mid 70 degrees at least) before heading off though.

I'll have a scout around r6er's site see if I can come with any more ideas.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online