Getting there.... but still need help

stevie16v
This post is 5780 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right, had a wee problem with my bike, its an sr 125 been lying for a year. I have done a full service, stripped and cleaned the carb too. So put it all back together and it starts with a full charge from the battery, however after a few minutes, it starts spluttering and the idle drops until it eventually cuts out. If i rev it, it splutters aswell. I have put the fuel, air idle etc at the correct position. When it does die, and i try to restart it, i get the ancient doorbell sound from the solenoid clicking, Check, the battery and it has dropped. I have checked the charging circuit and its producing a healthy 14v plus, but the battery doesnt seem to be retaining it. So, any suggestions? I'm guessing, new battery. but surely that wouldnt cause the rough running would it?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thats my plan. I went into halfrauds and bought one, apparently for my model, but it didnt fit, so back to the shop with that tomorrow. Going to internet order one aswell. Just wanting to cut off every possibility incase theres another part i'd need to order just now

get a new battery and find out.

let us know how you get on

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online