CT3 tires

roakleyhall
This post is 5695 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

After being away from bikes for a few years, I saw a CT3 on Craig's List. Only 1750 original miles - sitting for 20+ years in somebody's barn. I bought one of these new in 1973 right out of college and want to get this in good shape for my wife and grandkids to tool around on - me too, of course. Still has original tires, grips, etc. All the gold paint is good, a little chrome blister, some of the gray fender paint needs work, but all in all not a bad start to restore. The Autolube pump needs some work and the carb will get rebuilt. The air box cover is gone, so I'm going to put on a K&N until I can find original parts. It started at the seller's place, but only had a little pre-mix in it.

My questions -

1 - TIRES - has anybody got a good source for street legal tires similar to the OEM Yokohama tires? I'm also open to suggestions as to alternative street tires.

2 - will I have any problems running premix until I get the pump re-built?

Thanks to all for any help... This bike brings me back 35 years just sitting in my garage!

When this is done, I'm getting another RD350C!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

After being away from bikes for a few years, I saw a CT3 on Craig's List. Only 1750 original miles - sitting for 20+ years in somebody's barn. I bought one of these new in 1973 right out of college and want to get this in good shape for my wife and grandkids to tool around on - me too, of course. Still has original tires, grips, etc. All the gold paint is good, a little chrome blister, some of the gray fender paint needs work, but all in all not a bad start to restore. The Autolube pump needs some work and the carb will get rebuilt. The air box cover is gone, so I'm going to put on a K&N until I can find original parts. It started at the seller's place, but only had a little pre-mix in it.

My questions -

1 - TIRES - has anybody got a good source for street legal tires similar to the OEM Yokohama tires? I'm also open to suggestions as to alternative street tires.

2 - will I have any problems running premix until I get the pump re-built?

Thanks to all for any help... This bike brings me back 35 years just sitting in my garage!

When this is done, I'm getting another RD350C!

JC Whitney has them but you better hurry, they are about to be discontinued.

Thanks. I've looked at the site and don't seem to be able to see anything similar. Do you know a JCW part number or description?

The Cheng Shin C186 is what I use.