R1 Power from My FZ1

Barret
This post is 5625 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I want to know how to boost my stock 2007 FZ1 to have the same power as a stock R1. I have heard lots of things but i dont want to get into wiring in resistors to the harness, i want a sure safe way. Any Ideas?

Sell FZ1 get R1 :D :D no need to mod then :D:D

not sure if the FZ uses the same camshafts as the R1, if not that would be a good place to start. If you don't want to mess around with cams, you could add an aftermarket exhaust, and a Power Commander III, then have it tuned on a dyno. A good exhaust system and tuning for best performance, instead of the factories best emissions tuning should wake it up quite a bit.

I want to know how to boost my stock 2007 FZ1 to have the same power as a stock R1. I have heard lots of things but i dont want to get into wiring in resistors to the harness, i want a sure safe way. Any Ideas?

The R1 doest offer the touring ability of the FZ but is able to have just as much power because it has a 2001 R1 motor. Also the price is about $4000 less. It gives the best of both worlds. Im currently running side by side with a busa so im not too worried about it

as far as i know the 07 fz1 runs a 5vy motor (04-06 r1) with different cams and a hevier crank ive bought an 06 r1 engine and im reserching how to go on. ive been told they have a higher inlet lift but if i run it i will have to switch exhaust cam because the cam sensor lobe is in a different position. this guy was drag racing and had swiched heads he said it made gains too high up the revs for him. you apparantly gain some low end power if you tie back or remoove the butterflies at the top of the throttle bodies. ivans do smaler replacements. i've been looking at replacing electrics with the r1 engine if i can do it but its still giving me a head ache :D:lol::D ivans also do a feuel cut off eliminator which gives hp gains accross the range (an electronic thingi) hope this might help

chris

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online