Vin no. ID

adriandiamond
This post is 5785 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there, can somebody please help me out here with the true year of manufacture of my XV750.

On my log book it says first registered in UK 1998, but on the green slip on the right of the log book it says "declared manufactured 1989". I know this is an import.

The engine no. is 3AL-009212

The chasis no. is JYA3ALEO7KA009212.

Now according to some vin no. info, my machine was manufactured in 1993 not 1989............am I right or not please??

see attached photos

If I'm right my Virago is younger than it states on the log book so I need to change the details with the DVLA.

1989.jpg

1993.jpg

newtrike1.jpg

Thanks in advance

Adrian

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there, can somebody please help me out here with the true year of manufacture of my XV750.

On my log book it says first registered in UK 1998, but on the green slip on the right of the log book it says "declared manufactured 1989". I know this is an import.

The engine no. is 3AL-009212

The chasis no. is JYA3ALEO7KA009212.

Now according to some vin no. info, my machine was manufactured in 1993 not 1989............am I right or not please??

see attached photos

If I'm right my Virago is younger than it states on the log book so I need to change the details with the DVLA.

Thanks in advance

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Perhaps query the date registered in this country but I cannot work out a typo from 1988 to 1993 but I can see a poosible typo 1988-1989, I'm not sure if DVLA would release license details to you (i.e when it was taxed or sorned etc) which would prove to you when the bike was first used in the UK, in section 4 of the log book what is typed in boxes b & b1 ? I imported (a while ago now 1989) a venture royale from Canada this actuall ended up on an 'A' plate (1983) as the canadian document indicated this was the year of registration. There is also the point was the bike a 'grey' import ? I'm not sure how that works !!!

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online