Full set of Luggage

Guest DScarfy
This post is 5703 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest DScarfy

Hi Guy/Girls,

I'm Planning a trip down the south of Spain, to accompany me on this trip I’m looking to buy a full set of luggage that will not cost the earth but is good quality (Is there such a thing?). Any suggestions?????????? :D:D:D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

When you say a fortune - what sort of ball park ??

Is this just for the one trip ? or are you planning to use it again and again??

My prefference is always hard luggage, Givi is popular, but I've never used (I tend to use bomb proof cases) it you can get some info here:

http://www.givi.co.uk/

It'll depend on your bike as to what you can & can't get.

If it's a first time thing, and you are not sure Oxford do a set of 1st time luggage (this is the other end of the £££ scale). I used it when I first started touring and it works pretty well, if a pain in the asp to take on and off at the begining/end of the day.

http://www.oxprod.com/index.php?pg=3&a...p;pid=11&p=

There are different views on hard v's soft luggage -> it all down to your personal choice.

You will find that the soft option gives a bit less in capacity and you'll need to make sure it's well strapped to the bike - and make sure you put something like an Oxford Blanket between the bike and luggage (Maplin sell a similar product that cost less than half the cost of the oxford blanket - they call it a not slip work mat).

Does this help at all ??

Shop around - M&P, MPS, Hein Gericke, Busters, all the independents.... There's feckloads out there!!!!

Google is your friend.......

Myself, I recommend ditching teh bike, getting a Cruiser and making your own luggage out of best leather... but that's just me, and the reason I'm taking next week off work!!!!!!!!! :D

but that's just me, and the reason I'm taking next week off work!!!!!!!!! :D

A week off work to sow leather, just one word for that,

Masochist :whip:

Hee hee!!!

It's all being done by hand, as well. Every stitch-hole punched, every line hand cut, every thread run in with a single needle......

A couple of mates have taken a spare pillionseat and fitted the mounting plate for a topbox to it. When they get where they are going, they remove it an fit the original one that's stored in the top box. Just a thought for you.

pillionseat1.jpg

pillionseat2.jpg

A couple of mates have taken a spare pillionseat and fitted the mounting plate for a topbox to it. When they get where they are going, they remove it an fit the original one that's stored in the top box. Just a thought for you.

What a great idea!

his bike needs a wash though :rolleyes:

I imagine he didn't have room for a sponge and cleaning products on tour!!!!!! :lol::lol:

Some people have no dedication..........

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online