Tom Tom Rider

Guest DScarfy
This post is 5704 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest DScarfy

I Need to buy a sat nav for my bike and i'm looking at a tom tom rider, my question is has anyone fitted it to a yamaha r6 2006 model. I've looked at my bike and see no where i can fit it. When i'm fitting it do i need to think "outside the box". Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It should fit onto your handlebars with the mounting kit supplied.

If not you can buy these for your bike to fit to your fuel cap,

1203852154_453_FT17895_zumo_set_up_.jpg

However i would suggest talking to these guys about it. I called them when i wanted advice on mounting kits (i too have a TomTom rider) and they were brilliant - theres nowt they dont knowabout fitting sat navs to any bike:

Clicky Here

Give them a call - they are great blokes ;)

- theres nowt they dont knowabout fitting sat navs to any bike:

or cameras, laptops, you name it - they can fit it!

Is the TomTom rider still supplied with a crappy plastic mount ??

The Garmin Zumo might be a cheaper option as it comes with the RAM Mounts to fit to your handle bars, or your clutch lever. You can bluetooth your phone into it to and play MP3's.

I use one of these for off and on road, with a touratech mount they are pretty indestructable, proper uplink to your PC to.

Just a though....

Is the TomTom rider still supplied with a crappy plastic mount ??

I have TomTom Rider 2 and the mount on this one isnt as bad as the first version. It comes with a full mounting kit with a choice of "U" screws to fit any size bars. You can also bluetooth your phone to it and play MP3's - has a rather snazzy Scala Rider headset which i found works brilliantly - i can hear it clearly even with my pipes being loud as fuck.

has a rather snazzy Scala Rider headset which i found works brilliantly - i can hear it clearly even with my pipes being loud as fuck.

My zumo came with one of those, I was very impressed, but I like my music in stereo - so I got a hardwired kit from StarCom, it's even better (apart from the wires) superb noise canceling.

They must have sorted the Rider out, I wasn't very impressed when I was looking. I'd have preffered TomTom as there are some really good features,(and I've used TomTom in the car since it first came out) but the 2 wasn't available and the 1 was crap....

I do like the Mapping features for the Zumo though.

Back to the topic - RAM Mount, thats the place to go. When you find what you are looking for, have a search on the web you can get it cheaper sometimes (I got a brand new RAM kit on Ebay for less than half the new cost)

The Tom Rider 2 mount is OK.

I do treat stuff harshly, so mine has broken, though!!!!!! :angry:

Also, I can't find the fecking receipt, so I might have to buy a replacement through Ram Mount or something :(

Guest DScarfy

Thanks for the advice guys but I think I should elaborate a bit. I’m only hiring the tom tom rider for this trip and it says that it comes with a RAM mounting kit, so I don’t really want to go out and but a special fitting bracket for it. But does this Ram mounting kit it comes with, come with the tom tom as standard and if it does has anyone fitted it to there R6? :blink::blink::blink::blink:

Everything you need to fit the Tom to the handlebars of [a generic motorcycle] should come included.

Specific fitting is really a try-it-and-see job, but the thing is "fully posable", so a little bit of thought will probably win the day.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online