chassis numbers

danielmaggs
This post is 5630 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi,

i am looking to buy an 89 fs1e but i am trying to search the chassis numbers to check its authenticity, but to no avail. does anyone know where i should look.

Hi

both engine number and frame number should match or be within 5 digits (i.e if your eng end in 05, 00 or 10 would be correct with a frame number of 05) both frame & engine should prefix 3F6. With thesse little bikes it stands a chance of the odd engine replacement over the time so if the frame has the plate applied to it that should also match the stamped frame number if no VIN sticker it may be a 'little odd'. I have 3 FS1's to date the plod have not turned me over and the one looks well dodgy!!!

regards Jim

thanks, bought an 89 fs1e 20k on the clock in red, got it for 795(bargin), looks mint got to pick it up from bournmouth tho. being later this will be restricted to 30mph if so what can i do to speed it up. eg aftermarket exhaust, sprockets, think i saw somewhere changing jet and csarb size. any advive would help thanks, dan

thanks, bought an 89 fs1e 20k on the clock in red, got it for 795(bargin), looks mint got to pick it up from bournmouth tho. being later this will be restricted to 30mph if so what can i do to speed it up. eg aftermarket exhaust, sprockets, think i saw somewhere changing jet and csarb size. any advive would help thanks, dan

My FS1's are slopeds also but if you are happy with 55/60 mph do the following :-

Buy a Fs1e silencer of ebay along with a big bore kit fit them ... remove the foam air filter element but leave the metal gauze in there. Set the ignition timming to 1.7mm btdc (stock is 1.8mm btdc). That should get you to 50ish. Run the bore in gently (as you will find it lacks bottom end power), when done do a 'plug chop' and check the colour, you may find its running a bit rich and you will have to [jet down. getting more zip than this requires more detailed work (cutting disk valves etc). Once you have the motor running well across the range it may be worth considering up 1 tooth one the front sproket.

Regards Jim

hi there would this exhaust do the trick,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/YAMAHA-FS1E-FIZZY-FS...%3A1|240%3A1318

and the 60cc big bore kit how long does it take to run in? removing the foam air intake that would increase to the air intake hence you go faster, yes. aslo a "plug chop" (i am new to bikes and dont know an awfull lot) that is literaly cutting a spark plug in half to check the colour. then if it is running rich how do you "jet down". after this i wont want to change anything else, but if i run the big bore in propperly how likely is it to blow, or how often

how do you properly run in the bore is it not reving the guts out, sort of thing

hi there would this exhaust do the trick,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/YAMAHA-FS1E-FIZZY-FS...%3A1|240%3A1318

and the 60cc big bore kit how long does it take to run in? removing the foam air intake that would increase to the air intake hence you go faster, yes. aslo a "plug chop" (i am new to bikes and dont know an awfull lot) that is literaly cutting a spark plug in half to check the colour. then if it is running rich how do you "jet down". after this i wont want to change anything else, but if i run the big bore in propperly how likely is it to blow, or how often

how do you properly run in the bore is it not reving the guts out, sort of thing

yep that exhaust will do .. infact the same one I have ... A plug chop is run the bike flat out for a mile(ish) and stop it with the key and coast to a halt ... so pull the clutch in and switch off or vice versa, then remove the plug , this will give you the state of the fuel mixture at full throttle if the base (bussiness end & electrode) are a 'light tan" colour its fine ... if grey weak, if black rich. If the bike is running rich just reduce the size of the main jet by 1 i.e if a #95 is fitted fit a #94 (loads availble on the net). To date I'm running a 60cc bore kit .. did 200 miles steady now I'm wringing the bike up to silly rpm and to date no problem .. best I've had is 62mph (down hill) on the std gearing, but to date I've not sorted out the low end torque of the bike but I will give you an update when I have the bike running well at the top end & the bottom end. I guess your bike is photoed on fizzy talk bb as the ebay purchase ... looks good but my 89 FS1 cost £300 in bits (ish) and looks as well as yours but with 7k indicated on the clock the 91 FS1 cost £155 with 18k on it and is the one I use day to day (looks like a dog but just spent 70 quid having the paint done ... when I fit the painted bits I'll post a new pic !

Regards Jim

thanks that was very helpfull, but dont know where you saw the pic of the bike? could you send nme the link, as i dont know what site its on. i got the bike from poole-moto it was listed on ebay but he ended the auction so icould get the bike. but how do you post a picture in a reply as i am no use with forums either? dan

thanks that was very helpfull, but dont know where you saw the pic of the bike? could you send nme the link, as i dont know what site its on. i got the bike from poole-moto it was listed on ebay but he ended the auction so icould get the bike. but how do you post a picture in a reply as i am no use with forums either? dan

not yours then .... just someone got an 89 fizz via ebay in good nick ... did 2+2 & got 5 ... try http://s8.zetaboards.com/FizzyTalk/index/ but becarful of the the tuning forum there are to many confilcting ideas ... I left some odd posts to see what response I got .... In the end it was one I had to leave out !!!

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online