xs250

mark h
This post is 5779 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hiya Fellers, Thanks for your help so far,

Well i can now start the old girl no probs, Even first kick, I KNOW, What am i doing

kicking over a bike at my age? ( Its a man thing),

After some considerable "tweaking" She`ll sit nicely at 12/13000revs, Untill shes warm

then the revs shoot up to 30,000 and not come down, Same thing when i "throttle up"

revs will come back down to 30,000 and no further, The throttle cable is in good shape,

carb slides are clean, And spring looks fine, I`ve tried adjusting the throttle stop screw, and the mixture screw,

No good, What have i forgot?, Any insight will be a great help.

As always thank you, Mark.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you have an air leak sir or your pilot system is blocked.

is the pilot screw nice and pointed (ie like a needle?) or is it rounded/blunt?

you have an air leak sir or your pilot system is blocked.

is the pilot screw nice and pointed (ie like a needle?) or is it rounded/blunt?

Cheers drewpy, I`ll have a good look in the morning, Dark now.

Many thanks, Mark.

For what it's worth, my 900 did the same thing; Idled fine till it warmed up, then the dile would creep up and hang around 3K. The 400 was doing it too. The Fix? A nice even coating of silicone on the inside tract of the carb boots cleaned it right up. Idles smooth and steady at 1,200-1,300 all day long.

In my experience, it's most likely an air leak. The carb boots heat up, then those 25+year-old cracks start to expand, letting air in and messin witcha mixcha. She gets all wound up, but she don't wanna calm back down. You gotsta slap some silicone on her to calm her back down a lil. Kinda like a real woman....

For what it's worth, my 900 did the same thing; Idled fine till it warmed up, then the dile would creep up and hang around 3K. The 400 was doing it too. The Fix? A nice even coating of silicone on the inside tract of the carb boots cleaned it right up. Idles smooth and steady at 1,200-1,300 all day long.

In my experience, it's most likely an air leak. The carb boots heat up, then those 25+year-old cracks start to expand, letting air in and messin witcha mixcha. She gets all wound up, but she don't wanna calm back down. You gotsta slap some silicone on her to calm her back down a lil. Kinda like a real woman....

Hiya Again TT, (carb boots)? Sorry my English aint wot it auta be, L O L.

I take it it`s the rubber mount`s, (carb to engine), Old chap,

I`ll give it a go right now, Byyyyyyyyy,

Thanks for coming back on an old thread, Cheers cock er, Mark.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online