De restricting a dt125r that doesent have a servo.

dtmaster
This post is 7339 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

basicly how is it done? i have been told its some little pin thing you pull out or something but i have no idea. On the newer model you do something with the servo for the powervalve but thats a the problem a 1993 deet doesent have one! any one got any ideas cos it only does bout 65ish and thats with a full big one re-jetted carb 240 and a pipercross!

Cheers ross

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you are talking about the power valve which is situated on the barrel just where the exhaust is attached on either side of the barrel there is two round covers well take the left hand one off and remove the front pipe of the exhaust to make it easier then look up into barrel through exhaust port and turn power valve until it is totally clear then pin the valve in the wide open position then put it all back together and have fun

Liquidcooled or Mozzy

ye i did what yous said, took the exhaust off looked up opened it full put it all back together then went for a spin. :( No difference well i didnt notice any acceleration diference is it just top end its ment to increase because its only a small road ive got to test it out on as the bike is for off road only.

Ross

hi again

opended the powervalve properly yesterday, makes it well fast on long flat straights but usless off road. powerband doesent kick in until bout 8ooo revs so its impossible to ave fun off road. is there neway of lowering where the powerband kicks in? like at 5000 or summit. will changing the jet back to 240? help as i had that before but made no diference then so i jus put the 210 back.

cheers Ross

• Admin

On my bike i had it so i could manually adjust the powervalve with a bike cable and a gear change lever 8)

hi people

Went for another spin today with the powervalve fully open and it got so hot it split my fresco front pipe right open! couldent believe it! doesl buying a pre 91 cdi make any difference to my bike (once i fix the exhasut :x ) because with the powervalve open it was reving right up to 12 anway! does anyone now why because i thought the cdi was ment to stop it. now am even more confused about the whole thing.

cheers Ross

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online