Intermittent Spark

Alex92
This post is 5787 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, iv got a tzr 50 and after changing a waterpump and not touching any wires i have had no spark at all. My girlfriends dad came round my house last night and we got alot of spark out of it(by messing with wires and pushing them together), before it used to spark once every 6 seconds but now it is sparking how it should but it does not stay constant all the time and is not enough to power the bike. We have tried a new coil, tested sidestand switch, and the little black boxes with 4 pins coming out of them. When we messed with the little box (not cdi) next to the flasher relay it seemed to be better at sparking, we found that 1 of the connectors that join together are slightly different types. I.e the one has the hole for 1 to clip on, but the other end is a different type of join. They fit fine and the wires are both the same. I have cleaned the earth and all the connectors i can get to and still the same spark. Any ideas guys? I was told it may be the cdi but i am getting a decent spark just very intermittent. We checked the coil and cdi with a multimeter and the cdi wa fine but one of the coil terminals read opposite. Thanks in advance guys

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

*bump* Somebody has got to know what this mite be surely guys. Somebody has said it may be the flywheel nut isnt tightened enough. I have had the flywheel nut off and tried to pull of the flywheel with a screwdriver (amateur i know) and tightened it back by putting a screwdriver inbetween the flywheel teeth. do you think this might be the problem?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online