My DT50 (slightly tarted up)

wild foamy
This post is 5644 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone

Here is my Yamaha DT50, ive stripped it down and re-painted it, added some mirrors that are easier on the eye, some hand guards and a few other little tidbits like a bigone exhaust and a K&N style filter (and rejetted the carb to compensate) overall i'm very pleased with it, for something that is older than me its probably in better condition :P

so... here it is before

Image140.jpg

... and during strip-down

Image169.jpg

YamahaDT501-2.jpg

Fuel tank resprayed

Image172.jpg

Rear guard resprayed

YamahaDT502-2.jpg

hand guards (and mirror)

Image176-1.jpg

Image174.jpg

Tank protector (i couldn't resist... )

Image175.jpg

I'm pleased with the results, im still awaiting the arrival of my DT50 stickers to put on the tank and a new left switchgear but other than that it is ready to go :)

- Steve

EDIT: oops, wrong links :P, now fixed

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yes indeedy!... will need new tyres soon though, may aswell do the brake shoes whilst im at it as ive no idea how long they have been on there

... just keeping my eye out for a nice tank bag, and one to go on the luggage rack at the back... maybe i could fabriate a rack to hold some paniers...

hmm... time for more mods methink :D