xt 500

This post is 6547 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

You cant even see what it looks like :shock:

1 pete its not how big or fast it is its how you drive it and i would treasure it and 2 ive driven bikes more than twice the size ie xjr 1200 and that xs 750 chop hardtail

and if i had a xt 500 it would be for me to use in the summer and only for shows

• 1 year later...

Yamaha-XT500-1976.jpg

Greetings!

The above bike is why I just now joined the forum!

I just picked up a 1977 Yamaha 500XT Enduro.

She runs & drives preaty fine, for having 15,000 miles on her.

All she is missing is the breatherbox (airfilter container), all 4 turn signals, the battery, and the plastic covers (number plates)from each side of the bike.

But she'll still get down the road like a scalded dog!

Next week I'm going to install an aftermarket airfilter, remount all 4 turn signals, put a battery in her, fabracate those plastic number plates, and then ride her for the rest of the short Alaska summer.

This winter i'm going to rip her down and restore her to near factory condition.

I would love to post some pictures for you guys of her, I just don't know how yet!

Any advice on how to post pictures?

Hope to get to know all of you very soon! B)

Boondawg

BoonDawg!.... :welcome: fellow XT owner! B)

I've been riding my 550 for over a year now with virtually NO probs ;)

UAV006.jpg

The speedo quit working almost a year ago- with over 45,000 on it :blink: ......I figure it's got well over 50,000 on it @ the present....& now the tach gave up the ghost today! :unsure:

I'm pretty sure it's just the cable that went south with the tach.....but the speedo's themselves are notorious for failing mechanically. :( Those are the only real issues I've had with it.....rode it in the snow 3 or 4 times this winter.....great bike for that! B)

Here's a site with good info that I found quite helpful ;) .......The Admin there really knows XT's inside out! :thumb:YamaThumps