XT125R light not working

gaarmstrong381
This post is 5607 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys.

i've just got a 58plate Xt125R in blue. brike it great only problem is that the front light is on dipped beam, and will not switch to full, and the indicator lights are not showing anything. full and dipped are not displaying, allthough they are working as on start up they do light up.

the dealership has said they think its loose wires or something that they will need to look at it. do you guys agree?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi guys.

i've just got a 58plate Xt125R in blue. brike it great only problem is that the front light is on dipped beam, and will not switch to full, and the indicator lights are not showing anything. full and dipped are not displaying, allthough they are working as on start up they do light up.

the dealership has said they think its loose wires or something that they will need to look at it. do you guys agree?

Hi there

That stands a good chance either way with a bike that new it should be back in the dealers workshop YESTERDAY to have the fault fixed, your dealer should have had it straight back (or come out to you) and fix it. If it is a loose wire this should have been sorted at build up (from crate) or (if factory connected) found on Pre Delivery Inspection. Don't worry about the fault just get it back there !

Regards Jim

thanks

Although the fault only started this morning. but either way thanks for your help

but as the bike is a 58 at max its 6 weeks old that should not happen !!!! get it back there !

i got it yesterday, but i have spoken to the dealer and they told me to bring it in as soon as. just to clarify the indicators and working i was refering the lights on the "dash" that tell you the lights are on.

Ok that does sound like a 'loose wire' if the bike is still legal then take it back when ready you can ride without the dash lights, main lights & indicators are a different matter. I'm guessing your a learner & done a CBT ? i guess they don't teach hand signals (or do they ? when I did my test Fred Flintstone wondered around with a clip board and a flip chart), I had to learn them because of the dead awful electrics around at the time...

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online