Exhaust header wrap

paultsmith
This post is 5809 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

I have an 1981 XS400. The exhaust headers on the bike are rusted up quite nicely and I have the presence of some RTV where I joined the slipon pipe to the exhaust header. I was thinking about wrapping the header with exhaust header wrap to conceal these uglies but was wondering if it is a bad idea. AS the bike is air cooled, I was wondering if using exhaust header wrap if it would prevent proper cooling, and was wonderig if this would cause my exhaust valves to get too hot and eventually end up burning. Any thoughts?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello,

I have an 1981 XS400. The exhaust headers on the bike are rusted up quite nicely and I have the presence of some RTV where I joined the slipon pipe to the exhaust header. I was thinking about wrapping the header with exhaust header wrap to conceal these uglies but was wondering if it is a bad idea. AS the bike is air cooled, I was wondering if using exhaust header wrap if it would prevent proper cooling, and was wonderig if this would cause my exhaust valves to get too hot and eventually end up burning. Any thoughts?

none what so ever , ive wrapped pipes for years. (wear gloves when wrapping).

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online