My Shopping List

The Beginner
This post is 5710 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hiya chap, my advice is unless you've ridden these sort of bikes, ride it first, cause you can quickly end up deciding you changed something for the wrong thing. the first chop i changed, i hadn't got to know it properly and made a right mess of it and it then took me another three attepmts to get it right. the third time, i thought about it, and spent a good month on it flat out and doubled the horse power and nothing of it was original and it cost a lot. in fact it would've been cheaper for me to go out and buy the bike again. these days i can do pretty much anything cheap, but i had to make the cock ups first to learn. like i said lad, do about 200 miles (not neccesaraly in one go) and think about it while you're riding, doing this i discovered i like unlimited power but in the laziest posistion possible. hope this helps

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Okay :D

I've got no choice as to limiting it and I'll definitely go with the new pipes cos that's one of the best bits of having a big bike is showing it off :D

But i think you're right, befoer i go pissing around with seats and pegs and windscreens and stuff I'll give it a bit of a riding first to see what i want to change :D

I've been having a look and I'm afraid I'm gonna go with the classic (sorry Ttask)

POSERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! :P:lol:B)

didn't realise you couldn't take them off, my only worry is if i ride to somewhere like Nottingham (the place people in london think of as the crime capital of england, which scared me.) I'm a little worried that i can't take anything out that I rode up with so I dno what to do toa void having them robbed, but i think teh leaving empty answer is best :D

Two possible answers here, mate...

1/. Get a set that zip off the yoke. Plenty about.

2/. Get inner bags of some sort. My other half just uses bin bags (coz she's a dirty lil' biker bitch), but others use rucksacks, satchels and all sorts.

What's the passenger seat on the dragstar like? never had chance to sit on the back.

I hate it.

But then, I'm very tall with long limbs. I'm also a back-seat rider!!! :lol:

It's better with a padded backrest. The Classic also has a bit more room.

However, regardless of how short Her Ladyship is, she will eventually need you to stop for a leg-stretch.

POSERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! :P:lol:B)

Well lets be honest - who wants a cruiser that looks just like a CG125 at the front? Cos thats just what the Custom looks like :P

Two possible answers here, mate...

1/. Get a set that zip off the yoke. Plenty about.

2/. Get inner bags of some sort. My other half just uses bin bags (coz she's a dirty lil' biker bitch), but others use rucksacks, satchels and all sorts.

I use bin liners - they keep everything dry.....does that make me doirty too? *snigger*

I hate it.

But then, I'm very tall with long limbs. I'm also a back-seat rider!!! :lol:

It's better with a padded backrest. The Classic also has a bit more room.

However, regardless of how short Her Ladyship is, she will eventually need you to stop for a leg-stretch.

You should ride with me sometime - you'll be lost for words once you been round a few twisties with me in the driving seat - ill show you how its REALLY done :lol:

that's not really fair, choppers don't look like cg's, they copied choppers, trying to be something they're not, i think all cg's should fuckin blow up, sorry

Yes they should - but i didnt say choppers looked like CG's - i said the XVS650 Custom did..........

Well lets be honest - who wants a cruiser that looks just like a CG125 at the front? Cos thats just what the Custom looks like :P

Come have a look at my bike.

Then come have a look at the plans I have for my custom build trikes and rat-bikes.

Do you really think I care what my bike looks like?

So long as it works..... :D

I use bin liners - they keep everything dry.....does that make me doirty too? *snigger*

Well, I judge my other half by very personal standards.

If you wish to be rated, you'll have to get her permission first and then we'll need to book into a nice hotel somewhere...... ;):rolleyes:

You should ride with me sometime - you'll be lost for words once you been round a few twisties with me in the driving seat - ill show you how its REALLY done :lol:

If you can ride, fair enough.

If you go s-l-o-w-l-y round corners and roundabouts while riding the clutch, you get a slap!!

I'll happily come for a ride with ya!!

However, the gentle scratches on the underside of my footpegs suggest I know how it's done!!!

Pegs down at 15mph!!!!!

15MPH? that's nuts :D I took y bike in to be serviced today cos she's getting a little tired and my chain came off the other day :P I feel naked without her though :(

15MPH? that's nuts :D

Beauty of a Cruiser - You can corner heavily at amazingly low speeds due to the low-slung bodyweight!!

That was kinda taking the piss a bit, though....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online