Newbie (aka not a post whore)

ulster exile
This post is 5717 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well, under threat of a hiding from Goff (I interpreted ;) ) I'm introducing myself rather late as I've been a member for a wee while.

As my username suggests, I'm from Northern Ireland but I live in Birmingham. I did my CBT on 12th August and picked up my YBR125 5 days later. Nice little bike, but I'm having so much trouble with the gears (ie getting into 2nd :rolleyes: ). Anyway I'm dealing with that atm and trying hard to carry on enjoying learning to ride.

I'm a fat lass called Chris (Chrisi or Christine to my family) married to Chris (honestly) and we've two dogs. Hubby has a baby Varadero atm which I'm hoping to inherit when he does his DAS course as I can't do mine until next year when I actually have some holiday left.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: to the MadHouse Chris

Best of Luck with getting that gear change into 2nd down to a science..... ;)

Keep Riding!.....Before you know it, it'll all be 2nd nature to ya. :thumb:

Welcome to the site :D

but i honestly cant think why you might be worried about a hiding from me.....im dead soft me you knows....honest ;):lol:

Thanks for the welcome :)

Sorted the gear problem today - hubby adjusted the gear lever for the 2nd time and I had a nice couple of hours out today with virtually no trouble at all.

I like the site, but I'm still getting used to people saying what they think without worrying about cursing or offending someone. It's not the sort of forum I'm used to, but it's refreshing!