DT125 power loss

Soinc
This post is 5797 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, having trouble with my bike. Everything goes well until you open up. it looses all power and comes to a stop but continues to idle. Seems to happen just before the powerband. I did clean the carb but no luck. Could it be the jets? The bike has been standing in the garage for a year. Any help or tips will be appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds like the main jet is blocked/restricted, or the float height/fuel level is wrong so it runs out of fuel as it is demanding more to come on the pipe.

Either could be the cause but as it runs ok up to the power i'd go with the latter. You may even find its a blocked filter restricting the fuel flow. It will idle ok because the fuel for the idle is done differently in the carb and is not as sensitive to the fuel level. Ditto it wont be affected if the main jet is blocked/restricted.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online