Pushing me bike!

Ratsalad
This post is 5794 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Please could someone explain to me how the fuel reserve works on my newly acquired XV 535?

I have read Haynes & the Clymer manuals & I'm none the wiser. It has a top tank & a bottom tank.

The reserve switch is so worn I can't see what position is for normal riding & what position to run on reserve.

Am I right in thinking it operates a solenoid on the fuel pump? If so, is it possible to operate the switch & ride right through the reserve supply being none the wiser for doing so, or if the switch is returned to normal riding position does it take it off reserve?

Anyone know how to check the reserve switch?

Any info from anyone with certain knowledge would be much appreciated, as I'm getting hacked off pushing the B****y thing!!!!

Cheers!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks, It's got a switch on the handlebar, not the tap on the tank. I did see a tap of sorts on the main tank (Under the seat) when I had it stripped down, but though I twiddled it & got it running, I don't really know what the positions are & whether it's controlled by a servo. Apparently they are prone to crudding up & there's a service kit for them. However, given I don't know how it works in the first place, I can't tell if it's working correctly or not.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online