removing tyres (urgent plz :))

skyline
This post is 7352 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i need to put a new inner tube into ma front wheel (spoked wheel) but i can get the bloody tyre off cus i dont have proper leavers? what else cud i use (that i might find in the garage) to do it. cus someone is coming over to have a look at the bike at 5:30 tonight and i woke up this morning it had a flat :shock: thanks for help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

THe hardest part is breaking the bead, lay wheel flat on a blanket or something and drive over the edge of the tyre in your dads motor and it will pop off the bead, then just use anything blunt to take the tyre off. Bloody pain in the arse they are, take the wheel off and just pay the garage thats my advice coz im lazy :lol:

you're right alex, alot less hassle and not as dear as you think to just get fitters to do it for you. too many times have i went through it all, tyre on air in, and i've nipped the bloody tube or something. get your folks to bung you a couple of quid :wink: warn them of the dangers of you fitting the tyre :lol:

oops jsut realised i posted this in the wrong section :shock:

anyways ur right, i went to the shop in the end, and cus they know me so well (cus im in there every week for new bikes and repairs :S) they did it for free :D just waitin for the guy to come see if he wants to buy ma bike :D

• Admin

Alan dont remind me of changing a tyre, last time i did it i did exactly that!!!! After about an hour managed to get the tyre back on and pump it up then i realised that i must have nipped the tube as it went down as quick as i could pump it up :oops:

every time i go to a garage be it car or motorbike i always go to the dodgiest looking guy in there and offer cash and u would be surprised how dodgy knobs u get in those places when i worked in autospeed my best mate was manager his car had a new exhaust and tyres every week every puntcure we do was cash so we used to tell the customers the card reader has packed up tracking was the same so was balancing we used to walk back home at the end of the day with wedges of cash amd as u can imagine i loved saturdays the only time i hated it was when the area manager came round at first i thought what a wanker until one day he took £20 out the the till and sent me to kfc to get dinner on behalf of the company so as u can imagine i was obliged..................................... :cry:

If you don't have proper tyre irons.......you can use the rounded handle end of a couple of Cresent wrenches (Adjustable spanner).......be sure to be generous with the WD-40 when re-installing the new tube....as to minimize the pinching of it :wink:

Tyre Irons are worth every bit of what they cost :wink: :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online