No Spark??????????????????

Newfie
This post is 5779 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello to all,

I'm new to this site & wonder if there is any1 out there who can help with a 2000 r6.

The bike was dropped when i bought it & i'm planning on converting it into a track bike. The top end has been rebuilt & i've cleaned & serviced the carbs. Put evething back on & tried to fire the engine up but no joy. :angry:

The bike turns over no problems but no spark from the plugs. :o Checked all leads & fuses etc. Changed out the cdi for a spare one but still no spark from the plugs. Check to see the engine case was grounded ok with multi meter no problems there. Starting to think it's the pick up switch on the crank shaft end????

Any1 got any ideas as electrics is like black magic to me lol. :blink:

I'm pretty new to all this & it's my first time realy getting into the guts of a bike,( apart from the normal stuff like pads, oil change & plugs etc.)

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

[ sounds to me like you have damaged wires or damaged pick up coil , its positioned on rh side of crank,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online