Tzr 50 CDI, Can i use another?

Alex92
This post is 5799 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there, i have a Yamaha tzr 50 and it has no spark at all. My local garage (1st gear motorcycles) have had no luck with it. They have tested all they can and they say it should be working fine... it isnt. They said the only thing they havent tested is the cdi unit. So i am looking to buy this (http://www.adrenalin-pedstop.co.uk/p/ATHENA-UNLIMTED-REV-CDI-UNIT---675.aspx) it is for all motor minarelli am6 engines, it says. And my tzr 50 is infact a motor minarelli am6. So they havent got on the list of bikes it will work with, my tzr 50 or the mbk xpower 50 which are both the same. Should i take a risk and hope for the best???

Thanks guys

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I cant tell you to take risks with your money, but i can tell you at £34 if it were me i probably would, the only problem is, it it doesnt work is it the new CDI or is it something your shop / garage has missed?

Well i accidentally bought a new ignition coil off ebay thinking it was the cdi, so i have a new one of those and theres an ebay shop that sells unrestricted am6 engine cdis for 9 quid so i think il be having one! The shops first priority was to check the timing btw. Thanks

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online