Aftermarket Windshields, what are you using

SecaBoy400
This post is 5792 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm looking to get a windshield for my 82 Seca400.

Just wondering what you guys are using on your older Yamaha's

Lets hear your experiences, good or bad.

I've been looking at the Plexifairing 3, The Plexifairing GT, and some of the windshields from Memphis Shades.

I use my bike for commuting to work and I ride year round (except for rain and snow days). I need the protection of some kind of windscreen.

Thanks Guys !

p.s. heres a pic of my bike

bike1.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Secaboy,

I have the exact same bike as you, red as well, and use the following windscreen:

It is from a Canadian Manufacturer Road Krome and actually fits nicely on the 400 seca following the curve around the square headlight, since its cut-out is more square then round (search ebay and you should find a listing, I got the tinted one and it looks good, here's an id # for ebay =320303137817). It attaches to the handlebars, and can be quickly removed as well, with an allen key. I've found it is very adjustable, and works both on the sotck handlebars, as well as the replacement club bars I've added recently.

As for performance, it works well at higher speeds, really cuts down on the wind on your chest at 100+km's (or 60+mph), makes freeway riding enjoyable. Find I use it only in the spring or fall, when its a bit cooler out. During the summer at lower city speeds I find its better without the screen, causes some turbulance and more helmet noise.

Hope this helps,

Flutterball,

thanks for the ebay number, I checked it out. Looks good for the price, but i'm looking for something thats a little wider and will help block the wind going up my jacket sleeves, and wind on my hands in general. Winter riding can be a little rough if you cant stop the wind going up your sleeves, and down the front of your jacket by your neck.

I'll try to find a pic of the type i'm looking for.

I just bought a National Cycyle - Plexifairing GT

Got a smokin deal off ebay, this windshield sells for around $170 to $190 dollars depending on where your shopping.

I got a brand new one, that has a few scratches down by where my right hand would be, and paid $97.00 with free shipping. I dont care about a few scratches, just so the windshield is functional and scratches aren't in my field of view.

I'm posting a pic from the National Cycle website of the plexifairing GT.

I should have mine in a couple days, and i'll post pics when I get it mounted on my XS400 Seca !

PFGT-N8101_600.jpg

Flutterball,

thanks for the ebay number, I checked it out. Looks good for the price, but i'm looking for something thats a little wider and will help block the wind going up my jacket sleeves, and wind on my hands in general. Winter riding can be a little rough if you cant stop the wind going up your sleeves, and down the front of your jacket by your neck.

I'll try to find a pic of the type i'm looking for.

should be wearing gauntlets

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online