engin justs stops

Michael Jones
This post is 5801 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have a dt50mx (year 89)

i travel about 20 mile and the engin just stops. try and rey start it but it bus not rey start.

i tock out the sprak pug and it was orgin on the end i clend it off with i wire bruss put it back in and it started.

but after about 20mile it did it again

can eney help?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i have a dt50mx (year 89)

i travel about 20 mile and the engin just stops. try and rey start it but it bus not rey start.

i tock out the sprak pug and it was orgin on the end i clend it off with i wire bruss put it back in and it started.

but after about 20mile it did it again

can eney help?

might be a fuel supply problem, although 20 miles seems a bit far for this, could also be petrol tank not venting properly due to blocked or kinked vent hose, check this out and also check the fuel filter screen is clean, has the fuel tap got a bowl on it? if so switch the fuel off and unscrew the bowl, be careful not to damage it though as its made of soft metal and wont take abuse, carefully remove the filter screen and clean out the tap and screen, while its in bits hold a container under it and open the tap briefly to check for a good flow of fuel.

not familiar with the bike but will it run on a dead battery? is your charging sys charging??

might be a fuel supply problem, although 20 miles seems a bit far for this, could also be petrol tank not venting properly due to blocked or kinked vent hose, check this out and also check the fuel filter screen is clean, has the fuel tap got a bowl on it? if so switch the fuel off and unscrew the bowl, be careful not to damage it though as its made of soft metal and wont take abuse, carefully remove the filter screen and clean out the tap and screen, while its in bits hold a container under it and open the tap briefly to check for a good flow of fuel.

the fule is flow fine and everthing else is all right but i have changed the sprake plug cap and it has seemed to soved it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online