SR125 indicators

qtws
This post is 5789 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi folks,

wonder if anyone can help with this one. Indicators all work (no blown bulbs, standard 21W bulbs, all wiring is good) battery fully charged. When either L or R indicators are switched on, the first two or three flashes are at the correct speed, and then the flash speed increases rapidly until they are almost on continually. Both F and R, either side, any engine speed.

Bad earth somewhere?

Flasher relay?

Or something else?

It really only become a problem since I got all the indicators working for MoT a month ago and subsequently got into the habit of using them regularly :o

Cheers,

Nigel

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi folks,

wonder if anyone can help with this one. Indicators all work (no blown bulbs, standard 21W bulbs, all wiring is good) battery fully charged. When either L or R indicators are switched on, the first two or three flashes are at the correct speed, and then the flash speed increases rapidly until they are almost on continually. Both F and R, either side, any engine speed.

Bad earth somewhere?

Flasher relay?

Or something else?

It really only become a problem since I got all the indicators working for MoT a month ago and subsequently got into the habit of using them regularly :o

Cheers,

Nigel

I'd maybe try a new flasher unit first of if all the bulbs are defo working

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm....now they seem to be behavin' themselves...at least at tickover'ish speeds, flash frequency still increases with (it would appear) engine speed though. Bizzare.

Nigel

I'd maybe try a new flasher unit first of if all the bulbs are defo working

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online