DT175 92 electric

ingisv
This post is 5802 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone my first post here :D

I recently bought a Yamaha DT 175 1992 and have been rebuilding it.

this is how it was when i bought it:

DT175002.jpg

DT175003.jpg

DT175031.jpg

And this is how it looks today :blink:

DT175072.jpg

DT175080.jpg

DT175103.jpg

DT175104.jpg

DT175105.jpg

DT175106.jpg

Anyway next thing i am going to do is reinstall the engine and i was wondering if you guys know about any electric drawings of this bike. and also of the oil pump.

Hope you can read my english :unsure:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi everyone my first post here :D

I recently bought a Yamaha DT 175 1992 and have been rebuilding it.

Anyway next thing i am going to do is reinstall the engine and i was wondering if you guys know about any electric drawings of this bike. and also of the oil pump.

Hope you can read my english :unsure:

What do you need to know about the oil pump ? If you can help it don't take it apart, you will not be able to get any bits for it .. if you need the settings for it I can supply you with them.

With the wiring (I notice you have none (shown)) Getting a loom may cause a problem, so you may have to make one, to make it easier to do make a few 'sub looms' rather than one big one (esay to trace faults) and stick to colours that mean something to you...

Yamaha used some of the following

Sky blue - N light system

Lt Brown - battery +ve to dc equipment

Black/white trace - ignition kill

Black - earth

dark green r/h indicator +ve (connected to the lt brown at the switch)

dark brown l/h indicator +ve (ditto)

Yellow - Ac from the mag (lights)

Green/red - Battery charge from the mag

Pink - Horn

dk blue - meter illumination

I could go on but if you have a problem with some part of the wiring fire away

Regards Jim

What do you need to know about the oil pump ? If you can help it don't take it apart, you will not be able to get any bits for it .. if you need the settings for it I can supply you with them.

With the wiring (I notice you have none (shown)) Getting a loom may cause a problem, so you may have to make one, to make it easier to do make a few 'sub looms' rather than one big one (esay to trace faults) and stick to colours that mean something to you...

Yamaha used some of the following

Sky blue - N light system

Lt Brown - battery +ve to dc equipment

Black/white trace - ignition kill

Black - earth

dark green r/h indicator +ve (connected to the lt brown at the switch)

dark brown l/h indicator +ve (ditto)

Yellow - Ac from the mag (lights)

Green/red - Battery charge from the mag

Pink - Horn

dk blue - meter illumination

I could go on but if you have a problem with some part of the wiring fire away

Regards Jim

Thank you for this i was just closing the motor 5 minutes ago and i am planing on putting it in the bike tonight i have most if not all the wiring.

When i bought the bike there was no lights on it and i was planing on use it like that in the beginning and change that later so i will not use battery. I have kawasaki KX 125 mx bike and i will try to connect it similar to that bike.

will try to write something and post pictures tonight.

what color is the wire that should go to the coil???

how are you going to 'earth' the coil out orange needs to connect to to black/white at some point

ok now it looks like this:

rafmagn.jpg

First from the magnet comes white, blue, yellow they are all single but from the magnet also comes White/red, Black, brown

DT175124.jpg

DT175126.jpg

From the ignition box (chip on the picture) comes: Yellow, White, Red, Black

DT175151.jpg

DT175137.jpg

And finally from the coil comes only one wire (orange)

DT175154.jpg

DT175143.jpg

CAN PLEASE!!!! SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THE WIRING??

I will scan mine, hang on, its much older though, i notice youve got the orange coil wire to ground...Why?

Edit... diagram sent.

You will see it is not quite the same as yours, can you not get a manual for this, it is a much later version and was not sold here.

I have seen your bike has been sold in other countries other than iceland, I think it was sols in Australia amongst others, we could do with tracking down a manual because yours is different to the one that was sold here in late 70's early 80's, what you called "ignition box" is our CDI and is rather different, we need to get a diagram specific to yours somehow!

2nd Edit...Australian version sent